PART I. INTRODUCTION
The Foundation of PERN Group, hereinafter referred to as the “Foundation”, operates in accordance with the standards set by the Founder – Companies of PERN Capital Group, i.e.: PERN S.A. with its headquarters in Płock.
Following these standards, the Foundation Management Board has developed these Principles of providing support in the form of a donation by the Foundation of PERN Group, hereinafter referred to as the “Principles” for the purposes set out in its Statute.
PART II. GENERAL PROVISIONS
- Support within the meaning of these Principles is a cash benefit provided by the Foundation to the recipient of support (the Donee), by way of a donation agreement.
- The Foundation provides support to legal persons and entities without legal personality, subject to the provisions of point 3 below, only as a part of the Foundation statutory objectives
- The Foundation provides support to natural persons only through NGOs, educational and scientific institutions or healthcare institutions, etc. In exceptional cases (i.e. medical rehabilitation for disabled people, long-term chronic illness, natural disaster or other random individual events) concerning employees of the Companies of PERN Capital Group and their family members (i.e. spouse and children), a donation can be given directly to a natural person.
- The Foundation does not provide support in particular:
- financial to entities requesting financial loans;
- financial to entities requesting repayment of their debts: bank, credit, housing cooperative, etc.;
- financial to entities requesting repayment of debts in medical facilities, i.e. hospitals, hospices, pharmacies and other institutions, with the exception of reimbursement of medicines, funds and medical equipment purchased by a medical facility for the applicant for financial support in this respect;
- in the field of medical information and consultation regarding, e.g. medicines, use of medical institutions, procedures for contact with doctors;
- financial services in the field of unconventional medicine, including the purchase of medicines, treatment;
- financial, long-term in order to broadly improve the living situation;
- involving the provision of a bank account or intermediation in setting up sub-accounts for individuals or institutions;
- in situations that promote aggression, discrimination against ethnic, religious, racial and other minorities;
- entities that did not settle or partially settled their funds granted as a part of the donation received in the last 5 years, despite an additional request for settlement addressed to them;
- entities that have used the funds granted as a part of a donation, for purposes other than intended, or refused to submit to control as regards the compliance of the disbursement of the funds allocated with the purpose set out in the donation agreement with the Foundation.
PART III. PROCEDURE FOR PROVIDING SUPPORT IN THE FORM OF DONATIONS
- The application for financial support (hereinafter the “Application”) correctly prepared and signed in accordance with the rules of representation of the applicant with the required documents should be sent to the address of the Foundation: ul. Wyszogrodzka 133, 09-410 Płock. The Application Form is Annex 1hereto and is available on the website of the Foundation Founder, i.e.: pern.pl
- The application shall specify in particular:
- data of the applying entity,
- specification of the purpose for which the requested financial resources are to be allocated.
- If the applicant is a natural person, the application should be accompanied by a statement of consent to the processing of personal data, according to the form set out in Annex 2
- The application must be accompanied by the statute or other document constituting the basis for the functioning of the applying entity and a valid copy from the relevant register – National Court Register or Central Register and Information on Business Activity of the Republic of Poland (concerns entities subject to entry into the register). A current excerpt from the register means a document bearing a date no earlier than three months before the date of submission of the Application.
If the documents indicated in this point are not attached to the Application, the Management Board of the Foundation shall apply to the entity applying for its supplementation.
- The Foundation reserves the right to request supplementation of the Application, provide additional information not covered by the Application or deliver documents recognized by the Foundation as relevant in connection with the Application under consideration, subject to applicable law and the interest of the applicant entity.
- Copies of documents attached to the Application should be certified as true copies.
- If the applicant acts by a proxy, the Application must be accompanied by a power of attorney document with a statement, the content of which is Annex 3
- The applicant may apply for support in the form of donations not more frequently than once per calendar year.
- In the process of considering the Application, the following issues are assessed, inter alia:
- the goal, the funds for the implementation of which are to be provided by the Foundation, including its coherence with the directions of social involvement of PERN Capital Group, the scale of planned activities, a group of stakeholders involved in its implementation, the number of direct beneficiaries, the scale of communication of its progress and results,
- assumed results of the goal implementation, including benefits for the applicant and final beneficiary.
- The decision on granting support by financial donation is taken by the Management Board of the Foundation in the form of a resolution.
- Donations in an amount equal to or in excess of 20 000.00 PLN are granted by the Management Board of the Foundation after obtaining a positive opinion of the Council of the Foundation.
- Donations are granted in Polish zlotys. The Foundation does not bear any fees and costs related to the transfer of funds to the Donee, with the exception of banking fees.
- Funds under the granted financial donation are transferred by bank transfer to the account specified in the donation agreement.
- A donation agreement is made with the entity to which the support has been granted, the form of which is attached as Annex 4 hereto, which can be adapted to the circumstances of the particular case.
- The donated funds may be allocated only for the purpose specified in the donation agreement referred to in point 14 above.
- All public and legal obligations related to the donation agreement are charged to the Donee.
PART IV. SETTLEMENT OF THE DONATION
- Implementation of the purpose for which financial support was granted by the Foundation may be subject to substantive and financial control by the Foundation within 3 years from the date of settlement of the donation received by the Donee.
- The funds provided by the Foundation based on the donation agreement should be used in full, and a report on the manner of using these funds for the purpose of delivery provided in the time and form specified in the donation agreement. If it is necessary to extend the deadline for submission of this report, a prior written request of the entity to which the donation has been granted and the Foundation consent expressed in writing are required.
- The report form, referred to in 2 above, is Annex no. 5 hereto.
PART V. FINAL PROVISIONS
- The Foundation has the right to:
- answer only to selected Applications,
- failure to reply to applicants whose applications have been rejected,
- contact only with applicants whose applications have been positively considered.
- The Management Board of the Foundation is entitled to announce the call for proposals for a specific purpose, allocating certain financial resources of the Foundation to be distributed as part of a given call, subject to approval by the Council of the Foundation for such recruitment. In the procedure of call for proposals and their settlement, the provisions hereof shall apply accordingly to the exclusion of the provisions of Part III, point 11 hereof.
- The Management Board of the Foundation may, in special cases, by way of a resolution, withdraw from the above Principles. The rights of the Management Board referred to in the preceding sentence shall not apply to the obligation of the Management Board referred to in Part III, point 11 hereof.
- Information about withdrawing from the Principles is forwarded by the Management Board to the next meeting of the Council of the Foundation with the justification of the withdrawal.
- No appeal may be made against decisions taken by the Management Board of the Foundation during the consideration procedure of Applications
- These Principles shall enter into force on the day of their approval by the Council of the Foundation.